The Site Manager is responsible for maintaining high performance of utility solar plant in Texas by managing O&M Service Provider and other vendors. Specifically, The Site Manager will be expected to, review deliverables submitted by O&M Service Provider, to ensure O&M Service Provider meets the O&M agreement requirement and to comply with PUCT/ERCOT requirements by checking latest rule and submitting documents.
- Review operation and maintenance activities and plans for both preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance.
- Monitor site performance through SCADA platform and on-site verification and notify O&M service provider if there is any issue.
- Purchase spare parts based on the inventory tracker managed by O&M service provider.
- Coordinate with O&M Service Provider and EPC Contractor to proceed warranty claim.
- Promptly notify internal and external stakeholder of events that have significantly impact on plant.
- Coordinate warranty work with Contractor to manage root cause analysis on reoccurring defects.
- Coordinate warranty work with vendors for extended warranty work not covered by the Contractor.
- Check ERCOT/PUCT latest rule and ensure compliance with requirement including summer and winter weatherization and emergency operation plan.
- Must become familiar with all contracts related to the operation of the plant and ensure compliance.
- Assists the Asset Management team with annual budgets preparation.
- Provide monthly and annual reports to internal and external members.
- Provide briefings and tours for site visitors.
- Coordinate local community efforts with Aktina Project Manager and TGA management team.
- Additional duties as required.
Required to spend 2-3 days per week at the site (Aktina Solar Project site at El Campo, TX) with some travel to office in Houston.
- 5+ years of operations and maintenance or construction experience for more than 10MW solar project
- 3+ years solar energy or renewable energies experience required
- Electrical engineering degree is a plus
- Ability to work off hours as needed
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, outlook) skill set • IT peripheral hardware knowledge
- Problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to identify issues and solve complex problems • Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communicator to include recording and distribution of meeting minutes • Self-motivated and independent worker
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy in all documentation
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Adapt to environmental and workflow changes
- Ability to ensure timely collection of documentation and ensure complete for submittal • Excellent organizational skills required
- Excellent telephone skills required
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Expected to spend 2-3 days per week at the construction site (Aktina Solar Project site at El Campo, TX). This could increase/decrease based on work requirements
- Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00pm
- Must be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work or areas or areas where it is required
- Maintain professional appearance and safety in construction environment (including clothing and accessories-minimal hand and no head jewelry
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to frequently perform physical tasks including standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching approximately 75% of the time while on sites; ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Walking: Ability to walk .25 to .5 miles per day, including across unpaved and rough surfaces when on the solar power plant site.
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to 60 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Tolerance to Extreme Weather Conditions: Ability to work in outdoor and adverse weather conditions while on sites • Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
Inquire about this position using the form below.
"*" indicates required fields